A FALSE ALLEGATION that you committed a sex crime has the potential to ruin your life. As your sex offense lawyer, I do everything in my power to protect your life from being ruined.
Over the years, I have defended many innocent clients accused of sex crimes, including:
- A cab driver falsely accused by a mentally ill passenger.
- A hospital worker falsely accused by a patient who craved attention.
- A parent falsely accused by a child who resented being disciplined.
- A step-father falsely accused by his step-daughter who wanted to get him out of the house.
- A customer falsely accused by a sex worker who felt she had not been fully paid for her services.
Any person accused of a sex crime, whether innocent or guilty, needs a fully-committed, tenacious lawyer in his corner at the earliest opportunity. The stakes are too high to settle for less.
The seriousness of sex-crime allegations is self-evident. People convicted of sex crimes often face long, mandatory terms of imprisonment, followed by long periods of post-release supervision.
Further, the impact of a sex-crime conviction continues long after sentence is imposed. The Sex Offender Registration Act ("SORA") requires convicted sex offenders to register with the State of New York, often for life. Many registered sex offenders must identify themselves in an online database by name, address and photograph. This database is accessible to anyone who has internet access. Failure to properly register can result in additional criminal charges.
Upon release from prison, sex offenders who are legally classified as "mentally abnormal" and "dangerous" face the possibility of lifetime civil confinement in a secure treatment facility.
I seek to achieve the best possible result for each of my clients accused of committing a sex crime.